Tagged?
Oh my! I haven't posted to my blog in a couple of months and have just dicovered that I've been tagged! Apparently, there's a new game in the world of blogging:
"People who get tagged need to write a blog entry of their own 6 weird things as well as stating this rule clearly! Three people need to be tagged and their names listed. Finally a comment needs to be left on each tagged person’s blog…"
So here I am, knowing just how weird I am but wondering which six things I'm ready to confess to anyone who's reading this! But in the spirit of good fun, I'll do my best!
1. The first weird thing that comes to mind (since other bloggers are talking about food icks) is that I hate fish. All fish. I can smell tuna fish from a mile away. Salmon? Fergettit! Cod? Uh-uh. Orange Roughy? Where in the world did they come up with a name like that for a fish?
So Lent is a struggle for this struggling Catholic and for my family because all we eat on Fridays is macaroni and cheese! It's so bad that my youngest daughter told me just yesterday that she didn't want to see macaroni and cheese until next Lent. Apparently, it is a great suffering for all my family.
2. I'm a junk collector. I mean real junk. My house is decorated with junk -- no kidding! I have a vintage bassinette with a Peace Lily in front of my fire place. Above it are ceiling tins that came from an old building that I picked up at a flea market. I have a white wicker chair in the corner that I bought from a yard sale for $3.00. I collect weird things like lard buckets and old, dirty and rusty scales that line the top of my cabinets in the kitchen. Tthere are two enamelware chamber pots up there, too and I can assure you they're clean! And old picnic baskets are stacked up the side of one wall in my family room to hold....more junk!
I also rescue religious art from flea markets and that's kind of fun. I have some that date back to pre-WWII that were printed in Bavaria before Hitler came to power and siezed control of the Catholic printing companies. I like my junk, thankyouverymuch!
3. I don't watch TV. Really! Not at all. Most people think that's pretty weird! On the Sonlight Forum that I play on, I can't even *visit* the Current Events forum because I have no idea what's happening in current events! Somebody had to recently fill me in on who the heck Anna Nicole Smith was (may she rest in peace) and why I kept seeing her picture on my AOL news updates! The last TV program I watched with any regularity was ER and that was before we left South Dakota in 1997 and the reason I quit watching was that one of the main characters (whose name escapes me) started exploring her se*xual orientation. Blech!
I did watch Fox News for a while, at the beginning of the Iraqi invasion. But once my nephew went over, I couldn't stomach it anymore. I'm happy to report that he's safely on the soil of the United States of America.
So I've unplugged from that particular media, which gives me more time for my most favorite, which is the Internet!
4. I have a serious psychological condition that not many have heard of: Frump-itis. I caught it when I first became a stay-at-home-mom in 1993. Money was tight and I had little babies who were constantly barfing on me, so why bother with decent clothing? Then I started homeschooling and it was quite easy to adopt the Homeschooling Uniform: a denim jumper.
I'm happy to say that I have started to recover, thanks to an organization that I've gotten my daughters involved in called Pure Fashion. One of my new close friends is the National Director, who is a long-time model and actress, who was actually Miss Georgia back in the 90's. She's also a foot taller than I am (no kidding). Thankfully, she's taken me in hand (but she's working my fanny off as the Promotions Coordinator for our local show), much to my husband's dismay at his shrinking wallet. After the Pure Fashion Show is over here, and she finishes her traveling this spring to other Pure Fashion Shows around the country, she has promised me a shopping spree! I get to use my own plastic, of course, but she will be my own personal shopper!
So there is hope. I wasn't so sure a year ago when my youngest daughter told me that I was "lame" in the store and that I "just don't have the shopping gene" -- all said in jest, but it's the absolute truth. I've learned that I must have my thirteen year old daughter with me when I shop, in order to have some clue about what's in fashion. So between my friend and my daughter, I might eventually recover.
5. My car is a mess! It's not quite as bad as this YouTube presentation, but it's pretty bad. And I wish I could blame it on the kids but the truth is, I've always had a messy car, in spite of all my efforts in trying to organize. To me, a car is transportation. Period. A way to get from point A to point B. It's not a luxury item, or something to be used as a status symbol -- it just gets me to where I need to be goin'.
At one point in my life before kids, I was a Sales Rep for a big company. I clocked about 700 miles a week on my odometer (which was great for expense report money!) and stayed in hotels two to three nights a week. I literally lived in my car. When my boss came in town to ride with me once, he told me he'd give me a disciplinary letter if my car was such a mess the next time he came into town!
I'm doubt there's any hope for me here. I have no desire to keep a clean car!
6. I'm afraid of horses. Really afraid. Whenever I'm around one, I'm scared I'm gonna get stepped on! And I'm sure they can smell my fear. They're ears go flat and their eyes roll back in their heads. And when they snort, they blow snot all over the place. Ewwww!
Once, when I was in my late teens, I actually went on a horse trail ride with someone. And right in the middle of our treck, my horse had to stop and PEE! I have never been more mortified in my life!
All this is bad news for my youngest daughter, who is passionate about horses. She lives for horses. Fortunately, I've been rescued by a lady who owns a stable and lives only six miles away. She is quite happy to have my daughter as a volunteer, any day she chooses (which is about three days a week). I am quite appalled by the fact that my daughter loves to clean horse poop out of stalls every day! P.U.
So there. That's all the weird stuff I could come up with at the moment. I'm sure I'm way more weird but you probably don't want to go there! And I have no idea who to tag because everyone I know who has a blog has been tagged already!
"People who get tagged need to write a blog entry of their own 6 weird things as well as stating this rule clearly! Three people need to be tagged and their names listed. Finally a comment needs to be left on each tagged person’s blog…"
So here I am, knowing just how weird I am but wondering which six things I'm ready to confess to anyone who's reading this! But in the spirit of good fun, I'll do my best!
1. The first weird thing that comes to mind (since other bloggers are talking about food icks) is that I hate fish. All fish. I can smell tuna fish from a mile away. Salmon? Fergettit! Cod? Uh-uh. Orange Roughy? Where in the world did they come up with a name like that for a fish?
So Lent is a struggle for this struggling Catholic and for my family because all we eat on Fridays is macaroni and cheese! It's so bad that my youngest daughter told me just yesterday that she didn't want to see macaroni and cheese until next Lent. Apparently, it is a great suffering for all my family.
2. I'm a junk collector. I mean real junk. My house is decorated with junk -- no kidding! I have a vintage bassinette with a Peace Lily in front of my fire place. Above it are ceiling tins that came from an old building that I picked up at a flea market. I have a white wicker chair in the corner that I bought from a yard sale for $3.00. I collect weird things like lard buckets and old, dirty and rusty scales that line the top of my cabinets in the kitchen. Tthere are two enamelware chamber pots up there, too and I can assure you they're clean! And old picnic baskets are stacked up the side of one wall in my family room to hold....more junk!
I also rescue religious art from flea markets and that's kind of fun. I have some that date back to pre-WWII that were printed in Bavaria before Hitler came to power and siezed control of the Catholic printing companies. I like my junk, thankyouverymuch!
3. I don't watch TV. Really! Not at all. Most people think that's pretty weird! On the Sonlight Forum that I play on, I can't even *visit* the Current Events forum because I have no idea what's happening in current events! Somebody had to recently fill me in on who the heck Anna Nicole Smith was (may she rest in peace) and why I kept seeing her picture on my AOL news updates! The last TV program I watched with any regularity was ER and that was before we left South Dakota in 1997 and the reason I quit watching was that one of the main characters (whose name escapes me) started exploring her se*xual orientation. Blech!
I did watch Fox News for a while, at the beginning of the Iraqi invasion. But once my nephew went over, I couldn't stomach it anymore. I'm happy to report that he's safely on the soil of the United States of America.
So I've unplugged from that particular media, which gives me more time for my most favorite, which is the Internet!
4. I have a serious psychological condition that not many have heard of: Frump-itis. I caught it when I first became a stay-at-home-mom in 1993. Money was tight and I had little babies who were constantly barfing on me, so why bother with decent clothing? Then I started homeschooling and it was quite easy to adopt the Homeschooling Uniform: a denim jumper.
I'm happy to say that I have started to recover, thanks to an organization that I've gotten my daughters involved in called Pure Fashion. One of my new close friends is the National Director, who is a long-time model and actress, who was actually Miss Georgia back in the 90's. She's also a foot taller than I am (no kidding). Thankfully, she's taken me in hand (but she's working my fanny off as the Promotions Coordinator for our local show), much to my husband's dismay at his shrinking wallet. After the Pure Fashion Show is over here, and she finishes her traveling this spring to other Pure Fashion Shows around the country, she has promised me a shopping spree! I get to use my own plastic, of course, but she will be my own personal shopper!
So there is hope. I wasn't so sure a year ago when my youngest daughter told me that I was "lame" in the store and that I "just don't have the shopping gene" -- all said in jest, but it's the absolute truth. I've learned that I must have my thirteen year old daughter with me when I shop, in order to have some clue about what's in fashion. So between my friend and my daughter, I might eventually recover.
5. My car is a mess! It's not quite as bad as this YouTube presentation, but it's pretty bad. And I wish I could blame it on the kids but the truth is, I've always had a messy car, in spite of all my efforts in trying to organize. To me, a car is transportation. Period. A way to get from point A to point B. It's not a luxury item, or something to be used as a status symbol -- it just gets me to where I need to be goin'.
At one point in my life before kids, I was a Sales Rep for a big company. I clocked about 700 miles a week on my odometer (which was great for expense report money!) and stayed in hotels two to three nights a week. I literally lived in my car. When my boss came in town to ride with me once, he told me he'd give me a disciplinary letter if my car was such a mess the next time he came into town!
I'm doubt there's any hope for me here. I have no desire to keep a clean car!
6. I'm afraid of horses. Really afraid. Whenever I'm around one, I'm scared I'm gonna get stepped on! And I'm sure they can smell my fear. They're ears go flat and their eyes roll back in their heads. And when they snort, they blow snot all over the place. Ewwww!
Once, when I was in my late teens, I actually went on a horse trail ride with someone. And right in the middle of our treck, my horse had to stop and PEE! I have never been more mortified in my life!
All this is bad news for my youngest daughter, who is passionate about horses. She lives for horses. Fortunately, I've been rescued by a lady who owns a stable and lives only six miles away. She is quite happy to have my daughter as a volunteer, any day she chooses (which is about three days a week). I am quite appalled by the fact that my daughter loves to clean horse poop out of stalls every day! P.U.
So there. That's all the weird stuff I could come up with at the moment. I'm sure I'm way more weird but you probably don't want to go there! And I have no idea who to tag because everyone I know who has a blog has been tagged already!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home