In the Heart of Dixie

In the Heart of Dixie... my words and thoughts, my heart.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Stepping Out

Okay, I'm trying to overcome this huge lump in the pit of my stomach. I just changed my "location" line at the Sonlight Forum to read: Born again, evangelical catholic! Which means I'm placing myself in the line of fire!

I have no idea why God has told me to do this -- except that perhaps it's time. I've been reading the document Evangelicals and Catholics Together and I heard this whisper in my ear, "you are an evangelical catholic!" And I know this to be true. I am evangelical in the sense that I am totally sold out to the Missionary Mandate of the Church and try to spread the love of Jesus wherever I can. And I am catholic, certainly, in the sense that I am reconciled to the ancient Church.

Where it goes from here, I don't know. I am only trying to be obedient to God's voice, turn from my fear, and trust.

I just pray I can remember this in a few days when certain people who have been rudely demanding to know my faith affiliation, begin their attacks.

Please pray for me.

Trust that whatever comes, He will lead, guide and direct me.

I can never be a dynamic defender of the Faith, like several of my friends on the LL(L). But I can do what I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home